Random header image... Refresh for more!

“Rippling Shadows”

I found your words resting on a page
written in that slim stylish hand,
the book, a gift I think?
Not significant to utter or to make worthy of print
I studied them closely…
I loved you as the sun glints its rippling
shadows as they spill across my bedroom wall and
your book.

I loved that you thought to write your daily notes
for me to read again during these Summer days.
I wanted to talk to you,
pulling at the grass of your resting place did not
satisfy… tidying the petals away did not sate my need.
Did not gratify…

Endless is this dark road between us
I long to hear your voice!
Still as the sun glints these rippling shadows as they spill across my
bedroom wall – I drink comfort from your written words…

Do you know it’s Summer? Do you know it’s Summer…

Copyright @  2013

21 comments

1 Margie { 07.23.13 at 6:33 pm }

Oh, how you must miss him.
Beautiful but there is a deep sadness.
I can understand.

I wish you peace and joy and laughter.

xx

2 Elizabeth @ The Garden Window { 07.24.13 at 8:00 am }

{{Susie}}.
This is so lovely and so touching.

3 Susie { 07.24.13 at 8:21 am }

Yes Margie – I know from your marvellous writing that you understand only too well and I thank you for leaving your kind comment here, it means so much from a writer such as you. Sending all very best wishes peace and love.xx

4 David King { 07.24.13 at 12:19 pm }

A very moving poem and a blog to come back to.

5 Susie { 07.24.13 at 1:08 pm }

Thank you Elizabeth @ The Garden Window – I am truly glad you found it so – I know from recent events that you also found the reading of loved ones words incredibly moving. Thank you for your comment left here.

6 Susie { 07.24.13 at 1:10 pm }

Thank you Mr King, It pleases me to know that a writer such as you has read my work.

7 Matt { 07.24.13 at 1:48 pm }

Very nice… I like this one.

8 Susie { 07.24.13 at 5:03 pm }

Thanks Matt X

9 susan bournelis { 07.25.13 at 5:16 pm }

Beautiful, moving, simply stated….Just beautiful..

10 karen sutherland { 07.26.13 at 3:49 am }

oh, Susie, how this poem resonated with me. I look for hugh everywhere, I listen to the voice mail tape with his beautiful voice still there, I see all the dozens and dozens of little notes he wrote to me. I am happy to have every scrap, but when those huge, overpowering waves of grief descend upon me, there is no comfort. the pain is so excruciating, I wish I could die right there on the spot. and there is no comfort even though I know in my head that pain, that wish is not sustained. if only I could see him, just once, even in a dream, or feel his hand holding mine, hear him laugh, or see his dancing, deep blue eyes. the absence of his presence is too raw and too new – I take one or two steps forward, then 100 backwards, still feeling it is so hard to believe my beloved is really gone.

then I get to read this beautiful poem, I get to know I am not alone, I get to turn my thoughts, feelings and actions outward toward people and the world, and all it’s wonderful gifts – I get to feel profound gratitude for still being able to have quiet moments when I know hugh is near and feel him breathing his gorgeous love and light and hope into my life. such are the forces of the universe that loving hearts know other loving hearts, and that some way, some how, we find one another. I am so happy I found you, Susie. thank you for the love and the solace your beautiful words give me.

much love, XOXOXOXO

Karen, TC

11 Susie { 07.26.13 at 9:10 am }

Thank you for your kind comment Susan – It pleases me that you found “Rippling Shadows” moving.

12 Ted Bettridge { 07.26.13 at 7:50 pm }

What I am asking is difficult but I have encountered ejbones, a young woman that was recently diagnosed with MM and who is presently dealing with a transplant. She is such a brave soul. I feel that you might give her an island of solace, as she deals with this “nasty” disease. Here is her blog and I hope you will be able to afford her some of your wisdom and the beauty of your words. http://ejbones.wordpress.com/

13 Susie { 07.27.13 at 10:27 am }

No Karen you are not alone and you must stay strong during these early days. I will never say that the pain leaves you completely, it would be foolish to do so but it becomes a way of remembrance – a pathway shall we say, to your loved one. As the days pass it does become easier and not the raw feeling you are experiencing now. I am so glad to know that “Rippling Shadows” helped you to turn your feelings outwards and towards other people – this you must do and it is surely what Hugh would have wished for you as you continue onwards. You are in my daily prayers and I wish you peace and solace dear lady. xoxox

14 Susie { 07.27.13 at 1:27 pm }

I am so saddened to read of the young woman who has recently been diagnosed with MM and have taken a look at her blog Ted. It grieves me to read.

Of course it is difficult and somewhat rude to intrude and I would be hesitant to do so without her direct wish. I really only correspond with those that leave comments here or on the different forums where my help has been asked for directly by the person who suffers. Still I will read her entries and comment there. In doing so, it might perhaps direct her here. As you are aware my poems are usually for those that need the relief of ‘healing tears’ after loss or for those that just enjoy my ‘poems of love’ I will do my very best Ted and I thank you for your comment.

15 karen sutherland { 07.28.13 at 3:08 am }

dear Susie,

thank you for your most kind and encouraging words; knowing you understand how I feel gives me great comfort, and hope for healing. and thank you for your prayers and good wishes as well. xoxoxox

16 Lilengchan { 08.10.13 at 8:15 pm }

I come back to read your blog every now and then, your words, they soothe my soul, sometimes struggling with this dreaded myeloma. There has been much I can be thankful for – life itself and wonderful family and friends. The love that surrounds me, is so protective and safe. Six years is a long time, I should not complain, just that it can be so tiring. Thanks dear, you are a solace.

17 Susie { 08.15.13 at 8:05 pm }

Lilengchan – My heart goes out to you and your daily struggle with this most difficult disease. How brave you are and how kind to leave your sweet comment here. I feel my words are never enough and that I must try harder to convey peace and calm and in so doing, help those that need comfort most. It pleases me to know that you are surrounded with love and I pray you will continue well and good improvements will be made. God bless you Lilengchan xoxox

18 susie { 10.17.13 at 12:52 pm }

You are most welcome Karen Sutherland – please stay in touch x

19 susie { 10.25.13 at 7:16 am }

I am sorry to post that dear Dave King who left a comment shown above here and many before under my poems, passed away after a short illness on 4th October – he will be sadly missed by all of us who admired his work and his kind encouragement. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Dave and thank you.

20 Zena Giessen { 04.19.14 at 9:53 pm }

Very touching Susie! Beautiful!

21 Susie { 04.22.14 at 10:12 pm }

Thank you dear Zena – so nice to have your comments here. I think the poem tells the story of Hamada’s little black book… love to you x